5.01.2006

So, I have reached a point of compacency with my work at (and limitations imposed from) MassArt. I am finally able to work on semi-professional shoots (with little to no budget) where I can still shoot on super 16mm film. I have found a couple of collaborators in Mike G and Michelle and they are, like me highly narrative focused.

The main thing for me at this point is that I am feeling this huge, overwhelming intellectual clarity for the first time in years. I think somehow the stress that I was under while I was here limited me to the point of a stand-still The experiences and challenges I have faced in this institution have made me learn more about myself in a small amount of time than I was able to find out in any other phase of my life. This was mostly because of how much this school limited me, though.
I was noticing the other day that certain students who have gone through this program have had their styles entirely routed and replaced with an imitation of what they have seen. This made me thankful for having resisited and judged what I was being shown on a subconscious level for this time. I definitely regret having gone to this school on the level of a cinematographer, but I am glad I went here because of the people here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home